Agroresursu un ekonomikas institūts ir starptautiskās Pilngraudu Lietošanas uzturā Iniciatīvas dalībnieks. Ikviens interesents var šodien pēcpusdienā piedalīties pasākumā, kur diskutēs par šo iniciatīvu. Zemāk arī saite, kurā reģistrēties.
TIME FOR ACTION: WHOLE GRAIN IS FUNDAMENTAL IN THE CREATION OF A HEALTHY, SUSTAINABLE, AND RESILIENT FOOD SYSTEM
Today, the Whole Grain Initiative (a partnership of leading experts and organisations dedicated to promoting whole grain), renewed its call on governments to recognise the role of whole grain in creating healthy, sustainable, and resilient food systems by promoting whole grains in dietary guidance and health campaigns.
All of these ideas will be discussed in more detail as part of the WGI’s global virtual meeting being held on International Whole Grain Day (19th November). The event will serve as an incubator for exchanging inspiring whole grain best practice. It will bring together renowned academics and policy specialists to discuss the real-life application of initiatives and policies to build healthy, sustainable, and resilient food systems. The event will end with an open Q&A session.
On 19th November 2020, they will be hosting a global virtual meeting entitled “Building Healthy, Sustainable, and Resilient Food Systems”. Speakers will include:
· Michaela Pichler, Secretary General, International Association for Cereal Science and Technology
· Patrizia Fracassi, Senior Nutrition and Food Systems Officer, FAO
· Kelly Toups, Director of Nutrition, Oldways, Whole Grain Council
· Roberto Volpe, MD, PhD researcher at the National Research Council of Italy and Italian Society for Cardiovascular Prevention (SPIREC). Representative at the European Heart Network (EHN)
· Gitte Laub Hansen, Project Manager, Danish Cancer Society WholEUGrain
· Sara Grafenauer, General Manager, Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council
· Chris Seal, Emeritus Professor, University of Newscastle
The event will run from 15h30 – 17h00 CET. You can register for the event on the Whole Grain Initiative website: www.wholegraininitiative.org