13th International Barley Genetics Symposium
IBG symposiums have been organized since 1963 and attracted participants from all around the world to discuss progress of their state of the art research. Its 12 sessions will include the recent and most important findings from the hottest topics in various thematic sessions:
• The barley genome- from reference genome to structure and function;
• Biotic stresses under climate change;
• Abiotic stresses under climate change;
• Barley breeding and NBTs: a way forward; barley breeding: success stories;
• Genetics and breeding of biomass (Resources use efficiency);
• Barley end use: food, feed, and novel products;
• Barley end use: malting and brewing;
• Genetic and database resources: harnessing diversity;
• Morphology, phenology, and development;
• Baltic and Nordic barley: a regional perspective.
IBGS13 will promote new tools, methods, most original findings and hypotheses as well as original ideas presented by new generation of scientists.
On the final day of the symposium Barley Field Day will be organized with a possibility for participants to observe their material in Latvian conditions (applications at https://www.ibgs.arei.lv/en/barley-field-day).
All interested in IBGS13 will find detailed information about the conference at https://www.ibgs.arei.lv.
Abstracts for consideration as Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations will be selected on the basis of scientific merit and novelty as well as practical application. Deadline for abstract submission- March 31, 2022.
IBGS13 symposium will be organized by Institute of Agricultural Resources and Economics (AREI). AREI is the leading crop breeding institute in Latvia. The research directions of the institute are related to crop genetics and breeding, crop management and agroecology for sustainable farming, provide quality requirements of raw materials for processing, as well as development of sustainable rural space, economic analysis for agriculture, food production and fisheries.
If you have any questions, please contact IBGS13 Local Committee: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you at IBGS13, Riga, Latvia!